Lauren started Jr High and I think she really likes it. I don't know if I do :) but I am glad that it is not so scarey for her. She is very confident and has been making new friends on a daily basis. I am proud of her. She is in the excelerated group this year (called SAIL) and she doesn't seem to mind the changes and expectations given to her. I think she is ready for it.
Rachel started 6th grade in an excelerated group this year too. She is a little fearful and not so confident - but that will come as she sees that all those kids in her class are just kids and she is just as smart as they are. She was doing better by the end of the week with her confidence. She got a little overwhelmed one night, but we got through it. I know she will succeed because she is my hardest worker and most determined kid. I love her.
Joseph started 2nd grade with a wonderful teacher (which at least 4 moms and one other teacher told me). I am really excited to get him reading better this year and making his weaknesses his strengths. He will have to put in a lot of hard work, but I am feeling confident that with his teacher and me - he will make it! :)
Good week - many more to come. When I make sandwiches in the morning for lunches with all the bread lined up - I realize that I have a lot of kids, but also a lot of blessings. Yes, it is harder to keep up with four in school, but I wouldn't trade it for world. This is what I do, and I love it! These kids are wonderful and individual and I consider it an honor to get to know them and help them on their journey. What a full and wonderful life I have.



1 comment:
Yeah Adam!!!!!!! I can't believe he has grown up so fast!! I can't help but get tears in my eyes when I think of how caring Joseph is to his little brother. That is exactly what a mother wants. Yes, you are blessed with WONDERFUL AMAZING kids. I love each of them and miss all of ya'll!
Post a Comment