Sunday, September 7, 2008

Joseph's 8th Birthday






Joseph was going to get baptized September 6 (his real birthday), but because of Hurricane Gustav--plans are on hold until the 20th. (Our stake asked that members in our ward go and help those who were affected by the hurricane in Baton Rouge. Daniel went Sat. and Sun and will go again next weekend.) We decided to go ahead and have a party for him on his birthday and I threw it together last minute. Ashna and Chad came down for the weekend and helped A LOT! Uncle Donny and Aunt Natalie also came and helped in the festivities. We had games, a treasure hunt and a pinata. Everyone had a good time (including the adults). The funniest part was when we got to the last clue to dig where the water used to go (the dirt filled pool), and we couldn't find the treasure. The problem was that we didn't mark the spot (or Chad didn't - he thought it would be more fun.:) Anyway, Donny and Chad had to dig up a large portion of the pool area trying to find the treasure. Chad kept saying, "I know it's around here somewhere!" He was laughing so hard and we all got tickled. We did find it eventually and it was all good. :) The rest of the day was pleasant just hanging out with Donny's family and Ashna and Chad. I love when my family is over. I love them so much and appreciate them being such great examples to my kids and so loving to them also. I think Ashna got some better pictures of the party - but these were some that I managed to get during the craziness. Happy Birthday sweet and energetic Joseph! At one point he yelled to all his friends, "Who thinks this is the best birthday party EVER? " He also said as I brought out the cake, "Mom - thanks for making this cake - you are the best mom ever!" Sweet moments from a sweet and dear son. I enjoy him so much and I am so proud that he is mine.

3 comments:

the chowdhury family said...

Happy Birthday Joe-Joe!!! That sounded like the BEST party! We miss you!

Leanna Johnson said...

awww, i wish i could have been there :(:( love you joe- joe & happy birthday! :)
-leanna-

Anonymous said...

I know this is old but I'm just getting caught up with you guy's. I was looking at Joseph's birthday cake and remembering the time ReNae had me teach her how to make her own. She kept trying to feed Daniel a piece with roses she had made. (Daniel and his sugar?) He finally hit the punching bag on the carport. Joseph looks like a little Daniel. Nan