Wow, I don't remember so many scarey hurricanes when I grew up here - but oh well - I guess it helps us be prepared like we need to be anyways - and allows us to spend time with family. Daniel had a test on Saturday Sep 12 - the day the Hurricane hit. He was going to take it at Lamar in Beaumont - but that wouldn't work now - so we tried to find the closest place to take the test (it is a Pain Management test that is only once a year - Daniel has been studying for months and we really didn't want to wait another year to take it. SOOO - Wichita Falls was the closest place that wasn't already full. We stayed at Homewood Suites (awesome place for big families like mine- full size refrigerator, dishwasher, and an indoor pool) and really had fun. Also - one of Daniel's buddies from residency who also went into Pain Management just so happened to work in the building in front of the hotel and also just so happened to be taking the test on Saturday too. He picked up Daniel on Saturday for the test and afterwards we had dinner at their house. Beautiful home on a hill with a porch - I like porches. :) Really nice couple. Anyway - we left Wichita Falls after church on Sunday and went to Ashna's. My mom was just about to go back towards home and Daniel decided to go with her to check on our house and help with anyone who got any major damage. We had some of his office staff get flooded and lots of people who needed trees cut up or debris picked up. We lost one big tree and one little one in the backyard but that's it. When I came home to my husband I was reminded of the "good ole days" when Daniel did dozer work and would come home so exhausted and dirty. This time it was to help others and I was really proud of him for all the help he willingly and happily lent. That left me and the kids at Ashna's for the next 4 days (until electricity was back on). Chad and Ashna were so awesome and sweet and didn't seem too stressed out with 6 extra people in their house. I think they just might be OK with one new baby. :) We did something fun daily and really made the most of our time in Dallas. We got to see some of our old friends in Carrollton and went to some cool kid friendly places. (Going Bonkers, Gattitown, a cool sprinkler park, and of course Chuck E. Chesse) When we got home - Tamra started getting red spots on her face and body - you guessed it - CHICKEN POX. I know - I know- she shouldn't get chicken pox with the shots now - but I am a little behind on hers. SOO - looking on the bright side - that is two less shots she has to get. ( I really hate shots). oh - and she got chicken pox from Rachel who had shingles a few weeks before this. Another weird thing that happened -- shingles in an 11 year old? Not fair. Luckily it wasn't too bad - and she wasn't in super pain like so many patients Daniel sees. She did hurt for about a week, but motrin seemed to help (along with lidicaine patches) Anyway, life is good and crazy. I am getting to that stage in pregnancy that I really don't like - but I still know that I can't complain - I am healthy and strong and I will get a special new spirit in just about 9 weeks. Crazy how time flies. (By the way-- the letter between u and w is not working on my keyboard so I feel like my writing sounds awkward as I try to use different words to replace other words with that letter in it. My exclamation point doesn't work either - hopefully I can get a new keyboard soon -- the kids had spilled water on it). Enjoy the pics. School starts back on Monday and it feels like starting the first day of school. We missed 14 days in September which means we will only go to school for 7 days in September. I hope Adam doesn't go through a whole new adjustment - or maybe this was a good break for him and he will WANT to go back - here's to hoping.:)
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment