Saturday, October 18, 2008

Joseph's Baptism












This was a very special day. Seven children got baptized this day, so it was a little crazy, but there was still a sweet spirit there. I was very emotional and was so glad that I didn't have to say anything. Jenny Packard had to give a closing prayer and she had a long pause for a minute because of the emotion. I felt exactly the same way. That is what you get when you ask a mother of a child getting baptized to say anything. :)
Joseph is one of the sweetest boys I know. Although he has lots of energy, he is very obedient and loves to please. I have enjoyed him the past eight years and I am honored to be his mother. I know that he will always try his hardest to choose the right because it is his nature. He is so quick to amend his ways when he has done wrong and he is truly sorry when he makes mistakes. He always asks permission for things and I can always count on him to tell me the truth. He is just an all around good kid and I am so grateful that I get to be his mom.

I also loved that it was my mom's birthday this day. She turned 61 and she looks so good and happy. The longer she lives - the more amazed I get at the kind of person she is and is still becoming. She is constantly improving herself and is such an example to me. She gets better with age and I love her sooooo much. I get more tender feelings towards her the older I get. I love all of her quirks and mannerisms. I don't think there is anything she can do to make me mad at her. She always is concerned about everyone of her children and prays for them with total faith. I am just so glad I was blessed to have her as my mother.
We had a little get together at my house afterwards, but they didn't get to stay long (because of Travis' basketball game and Stake Conference meetings.) We will always remember this day. We missed all the family members who couldn't be there, but we all knew that ya'll would have loved to be there and that you did support him 100%.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patrice, whose in the 3rd picture down? I think he is the one next to the last on the right? Nan