I know this may not be a big deal for others, but it was a big deal for me. This was the first furniture that I picked out on my own. Although I must say that I have been tremendously blessed with free furniture throughout the years, it is pretty nice when you get to choose the colors and style that you like. I hope you like it too, but if you don't - it doesn't matter because I LOVE IT :) ! I actually am beginning to like the surroundings of my home and it feels more like home to me. Although THINGS are not what makes me happy (I have proven that for 14+ years), but there is something wonderful about creating beauty in your home and the atomosphere you make there. I still need side tables and pictures and other little things, but it is a start and it has been fun figuring out what it is that I like. I really didn't know - I just always was happy with whatever I got and NEVER looked. I had the opinion that if you didn't look at all the things you didn't have - you wouldn't be disappointed. (my mom taught me this - she said she stopped going to the mall because all it does is show you all the things you could have or that would be cool to have - and that tends to make you dissatisfied with what you DO have.) That worked for me - why look for things you can't afford and wish for things you can't buy? I am not a shopper anyway so it was pretty easy. I HATE window shopping. What is the point? I only shop when I am looking for something in particular and after I have found it - it is time to leave. My sisters know this about me and laugh - I am not a fun person to go shopping with. Anyway - it has also been fun to find people to take the furniture I don't want anymore. It is so true that one person's trash is another man's treasure. I am glad that I can give back after so many years of people helping us. We never had a need that wasn't filled by someone. Daniel thought it was funny that when I started talking about something I would like or needed, it would "just so happen" that someone was getting rid of that exact thing and think of us. I can't tell you how many times that has happened. Coincidence? I think not. Blessings-blessings-blessings. I hope to be that blessing to others - go full circle - because I know how much it meant to me.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yeah!!! It's about time girl!!! I love it and I am so excited for you. You and Daniel deserve it! Awesome!!!
Kami
OK if ANYBODY deserves new couches it's you, lady! you are always so selfless and thinking of others and have supported Daniel through many lean years of med school/residency. I'm so very happy for you, plus they're beautiful and look like they may actually hold up to kids!
Those look awesome!!! It's a really cool color and looks durable! Which is perfect! I'm so excited for you!!
I didn't know you had a blog! Loved reading about your family even though I thought I knew a lot about your going-ons! :-) I can't believe how close you are to having this baby...:-)
that couch was a great bed :) thanks for letting me and krista stay again :):) love you!
-punch
My mother always said, if the only place my father could find a job was in the middle of the ocean, and the only place he could find for her to live was a shack on a rock half way between there and the finest house on the shore, she could make herself be happy, because he was there. That's how I always felt when Charles and I had to make a move and settle for less than we wanted until we got where we wanted to be. You and Daniel are now where you want to be, but you have always been where God wanted you to be. Hey, she was almost a birthday present. Nan
Post a Comment