Adam finished his reading book. It is called, "Teach Your child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons". I have taught all of my children to read with this book (before Kindergarten). I am a big believer in making them feel smart as soon as possible. If you can make them feel like the smartest kid right at the beginning - you are more likely to get a child that wants and tries to be "smart". My older kids may not be the smartest kids in the class, but they definetely think they are smart and they know they can learn. That is my goal, to make them confident learners. There are a few crazy gifted kids out there, but the majority of the smart kids are just hard workers and CARE about their work and grades.
Adam now loves to read. All of my kids progressed differently, but they all learned the basics really well from this book. The one picture is of a chart I made so that he could stay motivated. Every ten lessons I highlighted yellow to show that he would get a little prize (bubbles, sword, etc.) That helps to keep their interest. When they get to 100, they get a BIG PRIZE. Adam got his own nintendo DS. He was pretty happy as you can tell. :)



2 comments:
He's so grown UP!! Makes me sad.
Dear Adam,
I miss you so much. I am so proud that you can read. You are so smart. I love you!
Love,
Aunt Kami
Post a Comment