We had quite the fourth of July. While Tamra was down, we held a dance workshop for all of the cousins around here. We had about 25 kids participate in the dances and we had so much fun. Tamra is not only a great dancer, but she is an awesome teacher and all the kids loved learning the dances. I have to admit, they learned A LOT in 3 short days. We were just going to have a little show on Friday afternoon, but when we heard the church was vacant that evening, we decided to make it a potluck/reunion/talent show. We had my grandparents there (ages 90, 93), my Uncle Marshall and Aunt Jill and three of their four kids and their families, my Mom, Tom, and my little brother Travis, my brother Donny and his family, of course Tamra's family, most of the Packards and their families, and my best friend Cherise Fawcett and her family. With Marshall Packard's sound system, Aunt Jill's decorations, Tamra's talent, my organizing ability, and the great support system from everyone as we asked them to do this or that, we pulled off a pretty good show. We had other talent numbers along with the dances, and it was super great. Talk about TALENT! One of my favorite numbers was Tamra and Marshall doing a dance together to "no air". It was SO GOOD! It was good to see them dancing together. I wish you all could have been there. Not only was the show, the food, and the fireworks awesome, but the spirit there was one of pure love. I don't think there was one unhappy person there. Everyone had a big smile on their face and it added so much to the evening. Everyone was so supportive and helpful and we couldn't have done it successfully without that. I love you all and we GOT to do this again sometime.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I may have missed it, but my heart was there. I love everyone there....all one million of them.
Grandma and Grandpa look so proud. Thank you for posting the pictures!
You never do anything on a small scale Patrice. You really know how to create memories. Sounds so fun.
-Rachelle
Post a Comment